Ingredients perfect for the Labor Day cook-out!
Grilled Yams, Corn & Arugula Avocado Salad!
Arugula Avocado Salad
Grilled Garnet Yams
Simple Labor Day Meal!
Grilled Yams- Tips & Tricks:
- 1 large yam, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
Prep: 5 m Cook: 25 m Ready In: 30 m
- Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate. Coat the strips of yam with olive oil cooking spray and season with salt.
- Arrange the yam strips on the grate crosswise so they don’t fall through. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes per side, until tender and glazed. Serve with butter.
**Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Arugula Avocado Salad:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces arugula leaves
1 avocado, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 hearts of palm, chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Prep: 5 m
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and lemon juice to make dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine arugula, avocado, tomato, and hearts of palm. Toss with dressing. Top with pine nuts and cheese.
Refer a friend to earn a $10 credit to your account and they will receive 50% off their first box ordered!